Coach House CottageA peaceful holiday home for family or friends.
Formerly known as The Old Stables, Coach House Cottage is tucked away quietly behind a charming group of stable buildings designed by CFA Voysey, a small picturesque enclosed yard perched above the main Perrycroft house, all in Voysey’s distinctive roughcast low-eaved style.
An easy-going base from which to explore the Malvern Hills and the nearby Cotswolds and English-Welsh borders, the cottage sleeps four, in two bedrooms with two bathrooms. A fifth single bed can be provided on request – please enquire. With an open plan kitchen and dining room, and adjacent comfortable sitting room, the cottage is ideal for friends or family groups, and can be rented with the nearby Hayloft as a perfect additional bedroom.
The cottage is currently being refurbished and so is not available for this Winter season, but in Summer will returned refreshed and renewed.
The cottage is closed for the Winter season, while we refresh and refurbish.
We look forward to welcoming you in the Summer!
Coach House Cottage is perfect for up to four guests, or five on request, in two bedrooms with two bathrooms. Mainly single storey, the cottage has a cosy feel to the living areas, with contemporary, rustic and mid-century furnishings sympathetic to its early life as a granary. Original art works and ceramics, vintage lighting, and sumptuous textiles add to the charm. The large well equipped kitchen has an electric oven and hob, larder fridge freezer, microwave and dishwasher. At one end is the dining area with a beautiful Welsh dresser, and a mid-century dining table and chairs. The French door into the garden is perfect for Summer living. Next to this, the sitting room is comfortably furnished with generous sofas, a TV with Netflix and Prime Video, and books and games.
The upstairs double bedroom in the eaves of the cottage has twin beds which can be a king on request, and its own adjacent bathroom with a bath, shower, WC and basin. Downstairs, the double bedroom with vintage furnishings has a bathroom with shower, WC and basin. A separate utility room with spare loo and basin houses the washing machine.
Outside a large private paved terrace, accessed through the dining room French door, is enclosed by Voysey’s stable buildings, with a table and chairs for outdoors dining. Above, a small sloping meadow leads to a picnic area with beautiful far reaching views. Stepping beyond the garden gate will find you in the garden of Perrycroft, or on the splendid Malvern Hills, with glorious walking in all directions.
The main features of the cottage include:
- A detached house to sleep 4, or 5 on request.
- Two bedrooms consisting of an upstairs twin bedroom which can be a king if required, and a downstairs double bedroom with king size bed.
- Two bathrooms, one downstairs with a shower, WC and basin; and one upstairs with bath, shower, WC and basin.
- Separate downstairs WC and washing machine.
- Spacious dining kitchen with an electric hob and oven, microwave, dishwasher and larder fridge with top freezer box. A French door opens on to the garden.
- Living room, with generous and comfortable seating, and a smart TV with Netflix and Prime Video.
- Central heating radiators throughout the cottage.
- Private enclosed garden, in a very quiet location.
- Private parking for two cars, with extra vehicles accommodated by arrangement.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome if supervised at all times.
- Direct walking access on to the Malvern Hills from the stable yard entrance.
The cottage has a ground floor bedroom and a ground floor bathroom.
Availability and Prices
| Coach House Cottage rates
| High season
| Mid season
| 3 nights
| 4 nights
| 7 nights
Note: High Season is May to August, Easter, Christmas and New Year; Mid Season is March and April except Easter, September and October, February half term; Low Season is November to Christmas, January, and February except half term.