The Hayloft occupies the upper storey of C F A Voysey’s coach house and stables, designed in 1893 along with Perrycroft house and The Lodge. It sits just below The Lodge overlooking the drive down to Perrycroft, and with a magnificent view across to British Camp. Behind is The Old Stables, and these two cottages form a perfect pair for larger groups. Enter the restored stable building from the coach house yard, and you will find a ledge-and-brace door opening onto a wood panelled flight of stairs up to the Hayloft.
The spacious loft has been sympathetically presented with the original beams, casement windows and granary doors all restored to create a living space full of atmosphere. The Hayloft provides generous accommodation for two people. The open plan layout has the living area at the south end, with views across the gardens of Perrycroft, and at the north end is the sleeping area occupying the original hayloft platform. Full width heavy curtains can be drawn along the upper beam for privacy and to create a cosy bedroom with a king size bed.
Down the wooden steps to the lower granary level is the kitchen, dining and relaxing space. The hand-built kitchen has an electric Smeg hob and single oven and is fully equipped, with a charming retro style fridge and a dining table to seat four people. With its generous and comfortable settee, here is the perfect place to put your feet up with a good book and a glass of wine. There is a smart TV with Netflix and Prime Video, and a Bluetooth speaker. The modern bathroom with a generous shower, basin and WC is discretely positioned in a corner of the loft. With wooden floors and ethnic rugs, soft pink lime washed walls and vintage furnishings, the loft has a relaxed and bohemian feeling.
A word of warning must be provided about low beams in the property. There are two low beams, one five foot eight inches and one four foot high, and the rafters in the sleeping platform give a six foot head height. However, since the roof above the rafters is very high and lofty the space does not feel closed in at all, and there is a generous head height in the living areas, kitchen and bathroom. It is necessary to duck under the four foot beam to reach the bedroom, and so this property will best suit more agile guests.
Guests are invited to use and enjoy the wider gardens of Perrycroft at their leisure. A short step away is the lovely meadow and orchard with seating for picnics, and beautiful views. Without private outdoor space The Hayloft is less suited to dogs, but these can be accommodated by arrangement especially if well-behaved and closely supervised.
The features of the property include:
- Apartment to sleep two, plus one child.
- Open plan living and sleeping, with a curtain for privacy between.
- A king size bed in the sleeping area, with an additional child’s bed on request.
- One bathroom with shower, basin and WC.
- Compact kitchen with four ring ceramic hob and single electric oven, microwave oven, and small retro fridge with top box freezer.
- There is no washing machine or dishwasher at this property.
- Dining table to seat four, and two comfortable sofas.
- Smart TV with Netflix and Prime, and Bluetooth speaker.
- Central heating radiators throughout the loft.
- Low beams in certain parts of the property.
- Free access to the wider garden of Perrycroft.
- Parking very close by for one car, a second by arrangement.
- This property is less suitable for dogs, but they may be accommodated by arrangement.
- Direct walking access on to the Malvern Hills from the Hayloft entrance.
To find out more about The Hayloft or to make a booking, click below: