The HayloftAn idyllic retreat for two in the heart of the Malvern Hills
The Hayloft occupies the upper floor of the Coach House, part of CFA Voysey’s original design for Perrycroft’s stable yard. Now, this has been restored to create a supremely comfortable apartment, with beams, casement windows and granary doors, together with vintage furnishings, making a living space full of atmosphere. The Hayloft is ideal for two, or provides the perfect pairing with The Old Stables for larger groups.
The Hayloft provides generous private accommodation for two people. Situated behind the stable yard it also forms a perfect pair with The Old Stables for larger groups. The spacious loft has been recently restored with the original beams, casement windows and granary doors creating a peaceful living space.
The open plan layout has the living area at the south end, with a beautiful view of British Camp from the kitchen casement. The hand-built kitchen has an electric Smeg single oven and ceramic hob, and a microwave, and is fully equipped with a charming retro style fridge and a dining table to seat four people. The adjacent living space, with its comfortable settee and a smart TV with Netflix and Prime Video, is the perfect place to put your feet up with a good book and a glass of wine.
With wooden floors and ethnic rugs, soft pink lime washed walls and vintage furnishings, the loft has a relaxed and bohemian feel. The generous modern shower room with basin and WC is discreetly positioned in one corner, and at the north end is the sleeping area occupying the original hayloft platform. Full width curtains can be drawn along the upper beam for privacy and to create a cosy bedroom with a king size bed.
Guests are invited to use and enjoy the wider gardens of Perrycroft at their leisure. A short step away is the lovely meadow and orchard with seating for picnics, and beautiful views. Without private outdoor space The Hayloft is less suited to dogs, which unfortunately can’t be accommodated.
A word of warning about low beams in the property: one is five foot eight inches and one four foot high, and the rafters in the sleeping platform give a six foot head height. You do have to duck under the four foot beam to reach the bedroom, and so this property will best suit more agile guests. However since the roof above the rafters is very lofty the space doesn’t feel at all closed in, and there is a generous head height in the living areas, kitchen and bathroom.
The Hayloft is self-contained with its own entrance, and there is no other living accommodation in the Coach House. Beneath the loft are the original stable stalls, which are occasionally used for teas during a Saturday afternoon open garden event in June and September – please enquire if you would like dates and details.
Please check availability before booking and contact me on 07858 393767 if you have any questions.
The features of the property include:
Special note: there are low beams in this property – Please enquire if you would like further details.
- Generous apartment to sleep two.
- Open plan living and sleeping, with a curtain which can be drawn for privacy between.
- A king size bed in the sleeping area.
- One bathroom with shower only, basin and WC.
- Compact kitchen with four ring ceramic hob and single electric oven, microwave oven, small fridge with top box freezer, and dining table to seat four.
- A washing machine and a dishwasher are not provided at this property.
- Seating area including two comfortable sofas, books and games.
- Smart TV with Netflix and Prime Video (no aerial).
- Central heating radiators throughout the loft.
- Free access to the wider garden of Perrycroft, with a picnic table for Hayloft guests in the orchard.
- Parking very close by for one car, a second vehicle by arrangement.
- Dogs are not permitted as there is no enclosed private outdoor space.
- Occasional afternoon tea events take place in the stables beneath the Hayloft.
- Direct walking access on to the Malvern Hills from the Hayloft entrance.
Availability and Prices
| Hayloft rates||All seasons|
| 2 nights||£250|
| 3 nights||£300|
| 4 nights||£400|
| 5 nights||£500|
| 6 nights||£600|
| 7 nights||£700|