The LodgeThe Lodge house for Perrycroft, a small estate high on the west side of the Malvern Hills.
Designed by Arts and Crafts architect CFA Voysey in 1895 along with Perrycroft house, stables and coach house, The Lodge has been refurbished with all modern comforts, while retaining its historic details, including leaded light windows and quarry tiled floors, cottage fireplaces and orginal ironmongery. Care has been taken to interpret Voysey’s vision, with white washed walls and green painted woodwork, and much of the furniture is antique, chosen to enhance the atmosphere of this special place.
Comfortably sleeping up to six people, The Lodge has three bedrooms and three bathrooms, and may also be rented for up to four people at a reduced rate with two bedrooms and two bathrooms.
The Lodge has a large well-equipped country-style dining kitchen with an electric Rangemaster cooker, a microwave, a Swan larder fridge freezer, a dishwasher and washing machine, and a beautiful Heal’s Arts and Crafts dining table. The adjacent sitting room with its wood burning stove has lovely views to the south from the cushion strewn window seat, as well as a comfortable sofa and armchairs and a Smart TV. The second smaller sitting room is perfect for quiet reading and board games.
The upstairs double bedroom with its antique brass king size bed is across the landing from the family bathroom, at the top of the cottage staircase, with a cast iron bath, antique wash stand, and WC. The twin bedroom is below at the front of the cottage, and these two bedrooms both have beautiful views to the South towards British Camp. The downstairs double bedroom with a brass king size bed is at the back of the cottage and has an en-suite with a shower, basin and WC. The second ground floor bathroom just outside the kitchen door has a spacious shower, high level WC and basin.
When renting for up to four guests at the reduced rate, the smaller sitting room and the adjacent back bedroom with en-suite won’t be available.
Outside, the back door leads to a large sloping garden with beautiful views towards the south, and a paved patio with a table to seat eight people for outdoor dining. You can step straight from the door of the cottage onto the Malvern Hills where stunning scenery awaits, with far reaching views across the counties of Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Gloucestershire.
Please check availability before booking and contact me on 07858 393767 if you have any questions.
The main features of the cottage include:
- Detached house to sleep up to 6
- Three bedrooms – one upstairs double room with a king size bed, and a king size double room and a twin room downstairs.
- Three bathrooms with WC and basin – one upstairs with a cast iron freestanding bath (no shower), one downstairs shower room en-suite to the back double bedroom, and one downstairs shower room accessed from the kitchen.
- Spacious country dining kitchen with an electric range style cooker, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, and larder fridge freezer, and antique dining table.
- Sitting room with a wood burner, comfortable seating and a window seat, and a Smart TV with Netflix and Prime Video (no aerial).
- Second sitting room with books and board games.
- Central heating radiators throughout the cottage.
- Private enclosed garden with a table and seating and splendid far reaching views.
- Private parking for two cars, with additional cars by arrangement.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome by arrangement if supervised at all times.
- Direct walking access on to the Malvern Hills from The Lodge entrance.
Availability and Prices
| Lodge sleeps 6 rates|| High season|| Mid season||Low season|
| 3 nights|| £775|| £700||£625|
| 4 nights|| £925|| £825||£725|
| 7 nights|| £1,375|| £1,200||£1,025|
| Lodge sleeps 4 rates|| High season|| Mid season||Low season|
| 3 nights|| £675|| £600||£525|
| 4 nights|| £825|| £725||£625|
| 7 nights|| £1,275|| £1,100||£925|
Note: High Season is May to August, Easter, Christmas and New Year; Mid Season is March and April except Easter, September and October, February half term; Low Season is November to Christmas, January, and February except half term.