The Lodge forms part of the small Perrycroft estate high on the west side of the Malvern Hills, and was designed by Arts and Crafts architect C F A Voysey in 1893, along with the main house, stables and coach house.
Comfortably sleeping up to six people, The Lodge has three bedrooms and three bathrooms. The Lodge may also be rented for up to four people at a reduced rate. The upstairs double bedroom with its antique brass king size bed is across the landing from the family bathroom, at the top of the cottage staircase, with a cast iron bath, antique wash stand, and WC. The twin bedroom is below at the front of the cottage, and these two bedrooms both have beautiful views to the South towards British Camp. The downstairs double bedroom with a brass king size bed is at the back of the cottage and has an en-suite with a shower, basin and WC. The second ground floor bathroom just outside the kitchen door has a spacious shower, high level WC and basin.
The Lodge has a large country-style dining kitchen with an electric Rangemaster cooker, a microwave, a Swan larder fridge freezer, a dishwasher and washing machine, and a beautiful Heal’s Arts and Crafts dining table. The adjacent sitting room with its wood burning stove has lovely views to the south from the cushion strewn window seat, as well as a comfortable sofa and armchairs and a Smart TV. The second smaller sitting room, with an open fireplace, has books and board games, cosy armchairs and a smaller table perfect for relaxing with a game of scrabble. When renting for up to four guests at the reduced rate, this sitting room and the adjacent back bedroom with en-suite won’t be available.
The Lodge retains all its Arts and Crafts details, including the leaded light windows and quarry tiled floors, cottage fireplaces and original door and window ironmongery. Refurbished to provide modern comforts, care has been taken to interpret Voysey’s architectural vision, with its white washed walls, green painted woodwork and red curtains. Much of the furniture is antique, and chosen to enhance the atmosphere of this special place.
Outside, the back door leads to a large sloping garden with beautiful views towards the south, and a paved patio with a table to seat eight people for outdoor dining. You can step straight from the door of the cottage onto the Malvern Hills where stunning scenery awaits, with far reaching views across the counties of Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Gloucestershire.
The Lodge is perfect for visitors in search of a peaceful and cosy holiday home in an historic setting, and is the ideal base both for enjoying some splendid walking, or for exploring all that the Three Counties have to offer.
The main features of the cottage include:
- Detached house to sleep 6, or 4 as required.
- Three bedrooms – one upstairs double room with a king size bed, and a king size double room and a twin room downstairs.
- Three bathrooms with WC and basin – one upstairs with a cast iron, freestanding bath (no shower), one downstairs shower room en-suite to the back double room, and one downstairs shower room accessed from the kitchen.
- When renting for up to four guests at the reduced rate, the smaller sitting room and the adjacent back bedroom with en-suite will not be available.
- Spacious country dining kitchen with an electric range style cooker, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, and larder fridge freezer, and antique dining table.
- Sitting room with a wood burner, comfortable seating and a window seat, and a Smart TV with Netflix and Prime Video..
- Second sitting room with an open fire, books and games.
- Central heating radiators throughout the cottage.
- Private enclosed garden with a table and seating and splendid far reaching views.
- Private parking for two cars, with additional cars by arrangement.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome by arrangement, but must be supervised at all times.
- Direct walking access on to the Malvern Hills from The Lodge entrance.
- There are two ground floor bedrooms at The Lodge, one with en-suite shower room.
To find out more about The Lodge or to make a booking, click below: