Garden CottageThe perfect family cottage for fantastic walking in the Malvern Hills.
Its early origins as a traditional one-up-one-down stone quarryman’s cottage, Garden Cottage was redesigned in the style of Perrycroft in the early 20th century and became the gardener’s cottage. It has been fully restored to provide all modern comforts, with original details carefully preserved. Welsh slate floors, snug casement windows and vintage furnishings combine to create a classic English country cottage. Step straight from the door onto the Malvern Hills, or into the garden of Perrycroft.
Although Garden Cottage was not part of CFA Voysey’s design for Perrycroft, and in fact has earlier origins, it was renovated and extended in the early 20th century incorporating many of Voysey’s design details, with white roughcast walls, sloping buttresses and cottage casement windows. The cottage has been sympathetically restored to reflect its Arts and Crafts heritage, and with the additional of all modern facilities.
Garden Cottage has a compact and beautifully equipped kitchen with hand built cupboards and slate worktops. A passageway with vintage coat hooks leads past the downstairs WC to the solid oak front door. From the kitchen a ledge and brace door opens to the sitting room, with comfortable seating, TV with Netflix and Prime Video, books and games, and a cosy wood burning stove. Next to this in the oldest part of the cottage is the dining room, with its dark oak dining table and Welsh dresser, wood burning stove, and a window seat reading nook with beautiful views to the west.
The cottage has three bedrooms and sleeps five guests, or can accommodate six if required. The generous double bedroom with a king size bed is south facing with lovely views, and has an ensuite shower room with basin and WC. Across the landing the twin bedroom, also with southerly views, can be made up as a super king on request, and the comfortable single bedroom can be made into a small twin. These two bedrooms share the family bathroom at the back of the cottage, with a bath and shower over, basin and WC.
Outside is a paved terrace accessed from the sitting room, with a table and chairs, and lovely westerly views. A small sloping lawn is surrounded by shrubbery and woodland full of birdsong, and beyond the garden gate you can step straight on to the inviting footpaths of the Malvern Hills, or into the gardens of Perrycroft.
Garden Cottage is no longer available to let
The main features of the cottage include:
- Detached house to sleep 5, or 6 on request – please enquire.
- Three bedrooms, all upstairs – one king size double bedroom, one twin or super-king bedroom, and one single or twin bedroom.
- Two bathrooms, both upstairs – one a family bathroom with bath and shower over, and the second a spacious shower room en-suite to the double bedroom.
- Separate downstairs WC.
- Well equipped kitchen with electric oven with ceramic hob, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, and larder fridge with top freezer box.
- Comfortable sitting room with books and games, and a TV with Netflix and Prime Video (no aerial).
- Cosy dining room with table and chairs to seat six, and a window seat.
- Underfloor heating for the ground floor and central heating radiators upstairs.
- Two wood burning stoves, one in the sitting room and one in the dining room.
- Private enclosed garden, with a table and seating on the terrace accessed through a French door from the sitting room.
- Private parking for two cars.
- Two well-behaved dogs are welcome by arrangement if not left unattended.
- Direct walking access on to the Malvern Hills, and into the gardens of Perrycroft, from the cottage garden.