Garden Cottage was originally a Victorian quarryman’s cottage in a remote and inaccessible place high on the Malvern Hills near to Gardiner’s Quarry. The cottage was part of a parcel of land bought by JW Wilson MP in 1893 for his new Perrycroft estate. The cottage was renovated and extended during the early 20th century in the Arts and Crafts style and was occupied by the gardener until the estate was sold and divided in the early 1950s.
In 2009 Garden Cottage was reunited with Perrycroft and restored again, and guests at the cottage are invited to spend time in the gardens and grounds of Perrycroft. Garden Cottage enjoyed a period of prosperity during the 1950s, and this period has lent its influence to the restoration, with a mix of antique and contemporary furnishings, soft colours and vintage textiles. While respecting its history the cottage has been provided with all the comforts essential for a relaxing holiday or short break.
With up-to-date bathrooms, a well equipped kitchen and underfloor heating, combined with its traditional cottage windows, slate floors, and both antique and modern furniture, Garden Cottage is the perfect family holiday home for those who enjoy beautiful scenery and thoughtful interiors.
The main features of the cottage include:
- Detached house to sleep 5, or 6 on request.
- Three bedrooms, all upstairs – one double room with king size bed, one twin room, and one single room, which can be made as a twin on request if a sixth bed is required.
- Two bathrooms, both upstairs – one a family bathroom on the landing with bath and shower over, and the second spacious shower en-suite to the double bedroom.
- Separate downstairs WC.
- Well equipped kitchen with electric ceramic hob and fan oven, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, and larder fridge with top freezer box.
- Sitting room with TV and DVD player, Bluetooth radio, as well as books and games.
- Dining room with an antique table and chairs to seat six, and a charming window seat.
- Underfloor heating for the ground floor and central heating radiators upstairs.
- Two wood burning stoves, one in the sitting room and one in the dining room, with an initial supply of logs.
- Private enclosed garden, with a table and seating on the terrace accessed through a French door from the sitting room, and a fire pit barbecue.
- Private parking for two cars.
- Well-behaved dogs are welcome by arrangement.
- Direct walking access on to the Malvern Hills from the cottage garden.
- A cot, high chair, stair gate and fire guard can be provided on request.
- There is a short unfenced flight of steps in the garden.
- A full sized single bed is provided on request for a sixth guest to make the single room into a twin.
- Garden Cottage is not accessible for wheelchairs.
To find out more about Garden Cottage or to make a booking please click here: