The Old Stables is tucked away quietly behind a charming group of buildings designed by CFA Voysey, comprising the Stables and Coach House, Tack Room and Hayloft, a small picturesque enclosed yard perched above the main Perrycroft house, all in Voysey’s distinctive roughcast low-eaved style.
With three bedrooms and two full bathrooms, The Old Stables is perfect for up to five people. Mainly single storey, the cottage has an open plan feel to the living areas, and has been presented in a comfortable rustic, contemporary and mid-century style, with sumptuous textiles and original art works, sympathetic to its early life as a stable. The upstairs bedroom in the eaves of the cottage has a king size bed, and its own adjacent WC with basin. Downstairs are two bedrooms and two full bathrooms. The larger bedroom can be made up with either a super king bed or twin singles as you prefer, and the smaller bedroom has a large single bed, both bedrooms having vintage mid-century furnishings. The family bathroom has a modern bath with shower over, basin and WC, and the second bathroom next to this has a generous shower, WC and utility sink, with washing machine.
The fully equipped spacious Kitchen has an electric double oven and separate induction hob. In the living areas the Sitting Room at the front of the cottage has wonderful high ceilings with plenty of natural light, and is well furnished with comfortable modern seating, Fire TV with Netflix (no aerial), and a Bluetooth music system. The Dining Room at the back of the cottage has a beautiful G-Plan vintage sideboard, table and chairs.
Outside is a large paved terrace with a table and chairs for outdoors dining, and a charcoal barbecue. Above, a small sloping meadow leads to a picnic area with beautiful far reaching views. Stepping beyond the garden gate will find you on the splendid Malvern Hills, with glorious walking in all directions.
The Old Stables is particularly peacefully located, and will have great appeal for families with children and adult groups seeking a quiet and easy-going base from which to explore the Malvern Hills and the surrounding areas of the Cotswolds and the English- Welsh borders.
The main features of the cottage include:
- Detached house to sleep 5.
- Three bedrooms consisting of: an upstairs double room with king size bed, a downstairs double room which can have either twin beds or a super-king bed as required, and a downstairs room with a large single bed.
- Two bathrooms, both downstairs – one with bath and shower over, WC and basin; and one shower room with WC, washing machine and utility sink
- Separate upstairs WC and basin adjacent to the upstairs double room
- Spacious modern kitchen with split level electric induction hob and double oven, microwave, dishwasher and larder fridge with top freezer box
- Large open plan living and dining room, with G-Plan table and chairs to seat 8, generous and comfortable modern seating, Fire TV, DVD player and Bluetooth radio.
- Central heating radiators throughout the cottage
- Private enclosed garden, in a very quiet location
- Convenient secure bicycle storage on request
- Private parking for two cars, with extra vehicles accommodated by arrangement
- Well behaved dogs welcome
- Direct walking access on to the Malvern Hills from the stable yard entrance
- The cottage has two ground floor bedrooms
To find out more about The Old Stables or to make a booking please click here: