The Old StablesPeacefully located, the perfect holiday home for family or friends.
The Old Stables is tucked away quietly behind a charming group of stable buildings designed by CFA Voysey, a small picturesque enclosed yard perched above the main Perrycroft house, all in Voysey’s distinctive roughcast low-eaved style. The Old Stables has been converted into a cheerful cottage, with a light and airy interior and vintage mid-century and modern furnishings, an easy-going base from which to explore the Malvern Hills and the nearby Cotswolds and English-Welsh borders.
The Old Stables is closed for the Winter season, while we refresh and refurbish.
We look forward to welcoming you in the Spring!
With two bedrooms and two bathrooms, The Old Stables is perfect for up to four guests, or five on request. Mainly single storey, the cottage has an airy feel to the living areas, with contemporary, rustic and mid-century furnishings sympathetic to its early life as a stable. Original art works and ceramics, vintage lighting, and sumptuous textiles add to the charm. The large well equipped kitchen has an electric double oven and hob, larder fridge freezer and dishwasher, a beautiful Welsh dresser and a retro kitchen table and chairs. The adjacent dining room has a G-Plan sideboard, and a mid-century dining table and chairs. Next to this, the sitting room has a wonderfully high ceiling and is comfortably furnished with generous sofas, a TV with Netflix and Prime Video, and books and games. A wood burning stove adds cosiness for the winter months, and the glazed door into the garden is perfect for summer living.
The upstairs double bedroom in the eaves of the cottage has a king size bed which can be a twin on request, and its own adjacent bathroom with a shower, WC and basin. Downstairs, the double bedroom with vintage furnishings has an ensuite bathroom with bath, shower, WC and basin. A separate utility room with spare loo and basin houses the washing machine.
Outside a large private paved terrace, accessed through the sitting room French door, is enclosed by Voysey’s stable buildings, with a table and chairs for outdoors dining. Above, a small sloping meadow leads to a picnic area with beautiful far reaching views. Stepping beyond the garden gate will find you in the garden of Perrycroft, or on the splendid Malvern Hills, with glorious walking in all directions.
Please check availability before booking and contact me on 07858 393767 if you have any questions.
The main features of the cottage include:
- A detached house to sleep 4
- Two bedrooms consisting of an upstairs double bedroom which can be a king or a twin as required, and a downstairs double bedroom with king size bed.
- Two bathrooms, one en-suite to the downstairs double with a bath and a shower, WC and basin; and one upstairs with shower, WC and basin.
- Separate downstairs WC and basin with utility sink and washing machine.
- Spacious dining kitchen with an electric hob and double oven, microwave, dishwasher and larder fridge with top freezer box.
- Living room, with generous and comfortable seating, wood burning stove, and smart TV with Netflix and Prime Video. A French door opens to the garden.
- Central heating radiators throughout the cottage.
- Private enclosed garden, in a very quiet location.
- Private parking for two cars, with extra vehicles accommodated by arrangement.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome if supervised at all times.
- Direct walking access on to the Malvern Hills from the stable yard entrance.
The cottage has a ground floor bedroom and a ground floor bathroom.
Availability and Prices
The Old Stables
| Old Stables rates|| High season|| Mid season||Low season|
| 3 nights|| £700|| £625||£550|
| 4 nights|| £850|| £750||£650|
| 7 nights|| £1,300|| £1,125||£950|
Note: High Season is May to August, Easter, Christmas and New Year; Mid Season is March and April except Easter, September and October, February half term; Low Season is November to Christmas, January, and February except half term.